Raise awareness and critical funds to support SVI’s pioneering work by organising your own activity. The only limitation is your imagination.
From golf days to quiz nights to gala balls or intimate dinners, our supporters bring their energy and contacts to raise much-needed funds to better outcomes possible.
Our world-class researchers share the same wish as you: to “do something” that could potentially save lives. We can’t all be medical researchers, but we don’t need to be: your focus on fundraising enables them to focus on creating life-changing science.
Every cent you give to SVI, will help support our scientists in areas of highest priority – whether it’s keeping their research going as they inch closer to making that all-important discovery, recruiting staff or students with the talent and drive to solve complex research problems, or funding equipment and materials they need to succeed.
Before you fundraise for us, please read our short guidelines document, which covers:
- Authority to fundraise
- Promotion and marketing
- Legalities and insurance, and
- Financial management.
If you are confident that you can meet our guidelines, fill out our Fundraising registration form. We’ll review it and if you have ‘ticked all the boxes’ we will send you Authority to Fundraise letter. By law, you need this before you can start your fundraising activity.
Once you have received your Authority to Fundraise letter, you are ready to go.
Here are a few social media tips to help you spread the word:
- If you have a Facebook page, set up an event and invite your followers to attend. You can also create a personal Facebook fundraiser for SVI.
- Set up a separate Facebook page specifically for your event and invite your followers to follow that page.
- Tag any other people or organisations you know and ask them to share your posts. If you tag SVI, we can help you promote your event to our followers.
- Create new posts for your social media page regularly, to keep things fresh and engaging.
Don’t forget to run any event or fundraising pages past us first so that we can approve SVI logo use and messaging.
If you would like further information on raising funds for SVI, contact SVI Foundation: email@example.com or (03) 9231 2480.