Services and equipment
- Cell sorting is available on a 5-Laser BD Aria Fusion, operated by a dedicated member of the facility.
- Two researcher-operated 4-laser multiparameter LSR Fortessa analysers and a 3-Laser, 24 parameter Cytek Aurora spectral flow cytometer are available for use, with training. Dedicated analysis software is available in house.
- The Facility also houses an iCys Laser Scanning Cytometer.
Hours, booking and fee information.
- The facility is operational Monday to Friday.
- Please contact the Facility Coordinator to make a booking, and for current fee information.
Services and equipment specifications
The SVI Flow Cytometry Facility operates a 5-Laser BD Aria Fusion within a PC2 laboratory. The cell sorter is available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and will be operated by a member of staff.
*Note: The cell sorter may be available outside these hours; please see our contact details on this page if you require more information.Analysers
SVI houses two 4-laser multi parameter LSR Fortessa instruments and a 3-Laser, 24 parameter Cytek Aurora spectral flow cytometer. They are both available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Comprehensive training is offered for instrument operation and a compulsory induction is required for first time users.
Please contact the Facility Coordinator for assistance in filter arrangements to optimise your experiment. Their contact details are available on the right-hand side of this page.Laser scanning cytometer
SVI operates an iCys Laser Scanning Cytometer. This instrument allows researchers to combine digital microscopy and image processing to evaluate cell morphologies by correlating image and cytometric data.
The iCys is equipped with:
- 405nm, 488nm, 561nm and 633nm excitation lines
- 4 fluorescent parameters, and
- scatter and absorption analysis.
The Facility has a workstation available for data anlaysis; current software includes:
- FowJo V8 and V10
- BD FACS Diva
- ModFit, and
- iGen V7.
There is no cost associated with using the workstation. Contact the Facility Coordinator to make a booking.